Howard County Blog

A Blog on what is going on in Howard County

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ice Cream and Snow Cones

One of the great Howard County blogs is a HowChow, a local food blog. They had a great post yesterday about ice cream and snow cone stands in the county. Top on their list is my personal favorite: the soft serve ice cream stand on Route 40 next the Forest Diner. If you haven’t been, I highly recommend it as the perfect answer to a summer’s day.

They have a very good list, but two I would add to HowChow’s list are snow cone stands at the intersection of Oakland Mills Road and Montgomery Road in Columbia and I am told there is a good snow cone stand near Kendall’s Hardware Store in Clarkesville.

As for the true ice cream lover, I would recommend ordering Graeter’s Ice Cream from Cincinnati and eating it on your deck or taking it to a summer movie at the lakefront. Graeter’s was originally a confectioner and make great dark chocolate and put giant chunks of dark chocolate in their ice cream. You cannot go wrong with any of their flavors with a chip in it. My personal favorite is one of their seasonal flavors: Strawberry Chocolate Chip. Their signature flavor is Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip, but don’t overlook their Chocolate Chocolate Chip, which it my second favorite.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger HowChow said...

Thanks. I added the Columbia spot. I think Snowballs in Clarksville is the stand you're thinking about at the Kendall Hardware. They weren't open when I drove past on Saturday. The workers have always looked like a high school sports team, so I wonder if the stand opens after exams are over.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

That makes sense. I actually haven't been the Clarksville snow cone place, but it comes highly recommended by friend.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

graeter's is the best!!!

9:05 PM  
Blogger HowChow said...

Snowballs in Clarksville opened this weekend. I love it as a mid-day break, although some people who have eaten both talk up the Snowball Stand on Rte 99.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Alison C said...

How about the Snowball Stand in Woodstock? I love that they now have flavors of the day. My favorite snowball flavor is banana with a little vanilla or chocolate ice cream.

9:52 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cleveland cavaliers jerseys
hermes belts
boston celtics jersey
supra sneakers
jordan shoes
ugg boots
longchamp outlet
christian louboutin shoes
ugg outlet
rolex replica watches

11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0615
supreme clothing
ugg boots
rockets jerseys
reebok trainers
birkenstock sandals
canada goose
fitflops sale clearance
ralph lauren polo shirts
stussy clothing
cheap jordans

10:48 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
ferragamo sale
nike air max
nike air force 1
balenciaga
moncler
louboutin
hermes online
supreme hoodie
balenciaga

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home