Howard County Blog

A Blog on what is going on in Howard County

Friday, February 17, 2006

Downtown Columbia Plans Open Thread

I plan on writing more on the plans for downtown Columbia this weekend, but in the meantime I want to link to some of the aspects of the plan that I have previously discussed on this blog. Please use the comments section to discuss what you think and to let me know what other aspects of the plan you would like me to explore further. I have a couple posts I am in the middle of writing, but it would be useful to hear what you think I should be focusing in on. You can also email me your thoughts.



The Proposed Road Grid System



The Effect of the Road System on the Lake Front and the Grass Amphitheater



The Mall to Merriweather Promenade




Two Posts About Affordable Housing: One and Two

Why community planning matters.

Martin Luther King Day thoughts on the impact of community planning and whether new developments are contributing or undermining his dream and Rouses vision.


Remember we can still fix this plan if we speak up now and one good oportunity to do so is the County Department of Planning and Zoning presentation of the plan on February 27th at 7pm at the Spear Center (i.e. former Rouse Building) on the Lakefront. After the presentation there will be an opportunity for the community to speak out.