Howard County Blog

A Blog on what is going on in Howard County

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Candidates Forums

The west Columbia Candidates Forum was amazing! The room was packed, standing room only. I would guess at least 300 people were there. Normally the candidates forums I have attended have more campaign staff than voters, but that was certainly not the case this time. The Harper's Choice Village Board should be very proud. And I was very impressed by the more detail oriented substantive questions that were asked than the average forum.

I taped the forum and I hope to have it online by this weekend. I worked on trying to get it up tonight for three hours with a techie friend, but we came up short on getting it to work. I will keep trying and hope to have it by sometime this weekend. In the meantime use this as an open thread to discuss the forum, what you heard from the candidates, what you thought of what you heard, and anything else that is election related.

Also remember that Tuesday is a Congressional Candidates Forum at Owen Brown Interfaith Center and the League of Women Voters Board of Education Candidates Forum. The League's forum will be rebroadcast on local cable to I will be going to the Congressional forum. Hope to see you there. I am really enjoying meeting readers as they come up to me at these forums.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The forum was entertaining to say the least. I expected Ulman to have the home crowd advantage, but the home crowd did not seem very supportive of him. Dunbar and Wallis have the same answer for every question. Dunbar's is to refer to his website and Wallis' is to talk about trust. Neither impressed the crowd. Merdon came across reasonable and mature and I think made some inroads into this traditionally liberal group. Ulman seemed off his game and insecure. This was a tough audience and the candidates were aggressive about attacking each other. A sign of things to come....

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home