Howard County Blog

A Blog on what is going on in Howard County

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Something Funny

Let's start the week off with something funny. Follow this link to listen to the Capitol Steps year in reviewNew Years Eve radio braodcast (click on 2006 for this past year). For those of you who don't know who the Capitol Steps are, they are one of the funniest political satire groups around. They are mainly former congressional staffers from both sides of the aisle who change song lyrics to parody current events.

And for general discussion in this thread:
Who is your favorite comedian? Who does the best political humor?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite comedian has always been Gallagher. He is famous for the Watermelons, but he had some of the funniest bits that still make me laugh when I see them occasionally on Comedy Central even though I can nearly recite them by memory.

Once in a while, he does a show in the Baltimore area and I try to attend it everytime he comes to town.

11:43 PM  
Blogger FreeMarket said...

He doesn’t do much political humor, but Dave Chappelle is a riot. My favorite skit is when he plays the crack addict that goes on Fear Factor. A close second is the Wayne Brady skit. Speaking of Gallagher, Chappelle did a “Black Gallagher” skit that is pretty funny. He almost makes me wish I had cable.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chappelle's "Racial Draft" was one of his best bits. Naturally, it's on YouTube.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

There's a woman named Carla Ulbrich who's coming to a Columbia coffeehouse on Sept. 22. I haven't heard her in person, but she sounds interesting over the internet.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Ken said...

I forgot to include the URL the second time around. http://www.carlau.com/

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home