Howard County Blog

A Blog on what is going on in Howard County

Monday, March 27, 2006

Metro

I have been encouraged recently to blog about extending Metro up to Howard County. This is a subject I have spent a lot of time exploring over the last couple years (after commuting 1.5 hours each way every day into DC it is hard not to think about while stuck in traffic) and in the next couple of weeks I will discuss some of my thoughts here.

I think the starting point of this discussion is how to do Metro right so that it has a ridership density to make it economically viable. The cost of building Metro can not be accessed in a vacuum. It must be accessed together with the cost savings of less roads needing construction or widening, less gas burned by drivers, less pollution needing to be cleaned up, and less congestion on the roads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home