Howard County Blog

A Blog on what is going on in Howard County

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Post Deleted

I have a very loose editorial policy on this group blog where I let my guestbloggers post just about anything they like as long as it is in some way relevant to Howard County, but I came home tonight and discovered that one of them had posted something that I thought was inappropriate. It was a not to flattering picture of a recent candidate for office and a suggestion that readers create their own caption for the picture. Though I have nothing against the notion of create your own caption posts I thought this one was in bad taste and did not advance dialog or understanding on any issues. I was even more surprised by this because the guestblogger who posted this post was a former intern and active volunteer for that candidate and had only posted positive things about that candidate on this blog. I can only guess that this post was done in the exhaustion after a hard fought campaign. We all do some things that we later regret, particularly when we are tired. I have decided to delete the post in question. I created this blog to advance dialog and collectively brainstorm solutions to challenges facing our community and the post in question ran contrary to that.

4 Comments:

Blogger DawnP said...

I'm glad you took this action, Evan, as I was profoundly disappointed to see such a post on this blog. Let's stick with thoughtful, respectful discussion, and leave the immature, mean-spirited attacks to the Freepers.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Dawn,

I agree completely and I was completely appalled when I saw it had been posted.

12:39 AM  
Blogger FreeMarket said...

I think you did the right thing. That post was inappropriate. Although, I must say that many of the captions were hilarious.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.7.12
true religion jeans
polo ralph lauren outlet
supreme shirt
moncler outlet
golden goose
christian louboutin shoes
ugg boots clearance

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home